[mythtv-users] Dual HDTV Tuner for Australia

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Sep 24 21:17:01 UTC 2007

Dan Harper wrote:

> I've heard that some of the cards/usb units from http://
> www.digitalnow.com.au/dvbtcards.html are OK and I believe they work
> with Linux (best to double and triple check that however).
>
> Another thing to do may be to check on the forums at whirlpool.net.au
> there are some MythTV users there that may be able to help.
>
> I use the Hauppauge Nova T 500 which does what you want, but the
> drivers are known to be unstable on some machines (mine is one of
> them unfortunately).  The Nova T 500 is a great card if you're
> willing to ride out the problems while the drivers are being worked on.
>
> Dan

I bought myself one of these:
http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/DualUSB.html from digitalnow
last week.  It works very nicely.  I did have to upgrade my system from
Fedora Core 3 to CentOS 5, as I couldn't get the drivers to work with
FC3 though.  I guess any recent distro will work with it just fine.  I
used the latest v4l-dvb drivers.

Nick