[mythtv-users] Backend not honoring "MaxSimultaneousJobs"

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Sep 25 01:16:43 UTC 2007

* On Mon Sep 24, 2007 at 05:48:23PM -0700, Jon Larson wrote:
> I've got 3 backends that are supposed to share UserJobs, with each
> backend limited to 2 maximum simultaneous jobs. I've also set MythTV to
> allow jobs to run on any server--not just the recording server.
>
> In the past this has worked perfectly, but I just queued up 4 jobs in
> quick succession and I noticed that one backend has claimed all 4 jobs:
> it started 2 of the jobs, and has the other 2 jobs in it's queue.
>
> How can I force each backend to only 'claim' as many jobs as it can
> execute and leave other pending jobs for the remaining servers?

The JobQueue does not claim a job until it tries to run that job, so
either it tried to run the other two and failed or they were put in
the jobqueue table with the hostname field already filled in.

Run your frontend and backend with "-v database" and see which case is
occurring.

It sounds like it may be a settings issue, so check for duplicate entries
in your settings table for the JobsRunOnRecordHost and
JobQueueMaxSimultaneousJobs settings.

select *
	from jobqueue
	where value in ( 'JobsRunOnRecordHost', 'JobQueueMaxSimultaneousJobs');

Both of those are global settings, so there should only be one row
for each setting and the hostname should be NULL on those rows.

--
Chris