[mythtv-users] Dual HDTV Tuner for Australia

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Sep 25 04:57:45 UTC 2007

This one time, at band camp, Dean Harding wrote:

> The only thing I'd say about buying a dual tuner, rather than two
> singles is that a dual tuner is generally more expensive than getting
> two single tuners, but at least it frees up an extra PCI slot (though
> you could just get a USB hub and use USB tuners).

A USB hub is unlikely to have the bandwidth or power for more than one
tuner.  I have two USB tuners in a multi-port USB 2.0 PCI card, and that
works fine.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
 find easier ways to do something.
 - Robert Heinlein