[mythtv-users] MythMusic: rebuild music database?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 25 10:33:49 UTC 2007

Herman Kuiper wrote:
>> So did you end up doing just that (truncating all the tables
>> starting with music_)?
>>

> Yup - then MythMusic will automatically rescan once you start it.
>

>> Is the MythMusic table structure documented anywhere (other than
>> implicitly in the code)?  I'd like to DELETE FROM as few as tables
>> as possible, although I suppose it's not hard to make a backup of
>> the database.
>>

> I had a look at them - me bad! If you have smart playlists, don't truncate
> the music_smart* tables. The regular playlists have song IDs in them, so
> those probably won't match after a rescan. The musicmetadata and
> musicplaylist tables are from a previous version if you have them, they
> don't seem to get dropped on the DB upgrade. All other tables are
> inter-related, so leaving one of them just pollutes the database.
>
> 	Herman

What version are you using?

I'm sure Stuart added some code to remove orphaned entries from the DB
some time ago. All you should need to do is rescan your music. If that's
not working then there is a bug somewhere. You shouldn't have to
truncate any tables or anything? All this applies to fairly recent svn
from trunk.

Paul H.