[mythtv-users] Check for active Recordings or Jobs?

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Sep 25 19:49:11 UTC 2007

>> > Is there way to check for active recordings and jobs?
>>
>> mythshutdown -c
>
> I'll try it and see if I get anything.
>

>> Honestly, it's never returned any data for me ever, but some people
>> say it works. :)
>>
>> > Is there a way to run mythrename.pl as a global post recording job?
>>
>> Set it up as a user job then you can by default assign the user job
>> to all new recordings.
>
> I have some fear with doing this if other stuff is running. For example,
> I ran mythrename.pl last week while two recordings were active and I
> ended up with 0 byte files. Maybe it was a fluke and something else

...depends on how MythTV is using the files. If it's just opening them
and appending to them, then renaming them shouldn't be a problem. Once
the file is open, the process writing to it doesn't care what the filename
is.

   I've renamed files while they were being processed by the like of
mencoder on numerous occasion without any bad results.

[deletia]