[mythtv-users] MSNTV2 box? (was software encoding to MPEG2)

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue Sep 25 23:05:24 UTC 2007

> > If I remember correctly, the MVPs are pretty much limited to MPEG2?
>
> Yes, I've even watched some .iso images on mine before via Myth's internal
> player.

 Yup. I use mine for xvid/divx and all my myth recordings (except for the HDTV ones). I even use mine with a usb dvdrom for dvd playback in the bedroom :)

I've got 4 of them actively used though they are down right now while I rebuild my image for them.

In case anyone is curious this is what they looked like. They are small, silent , have no moving parts and are very low on power usage.

http://pics.phaze.org/?album=albums/2006/03-05-MSNTV-MythTV&

 For those of you in Europe check out the S100 which is basically the
same hardware but with Wireless and aregular PC bios in them.