[mythtv-users] "get the sources and fix it yourself"

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:37:46 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 25 September 2007 in an email titled "Re: [mythtv-users]
> > All Reruns?" Victor Perez wrote:
> >> It seems there is a bug in mythfilldatabase if you have multiple
> >> lineups
> >> with the same channels on them it will flag them as reruns. Not
> >> sure they
> >> fixed it already but when I reported it a few weeks ago somebody
> >> replied:
> >> "get the sources and fix it yourself" :-s
> > To which my usual thought is something along the lines of "sod off".
>
> I thought this was already fixed in the -fixes branch a week or so
> ago.  Am I remembering wrong?

Bearcat,

I would be absolutely in agreement with you except for one thing: That's not
quite what was said.  What Victor actually asked was "How do I fix this?"
and what was actually posted was a link to the gossamer thread where it had
already been brought to the dev's attention, and a comment to "write the
code or be patient".  To follow that, a couple days later was posted the
ticket with the patch numbers as to when it was applied to the trunk branch
and to the fixes branch.  From there, it's out of the dev's hands and into
the hands of the individual package maintainers or of the user if you
compile your own system.

While the answer could have been more verbose, it did address the question
asked.  From what I've seen, the people on this list try not to be rude, but
many of us are computer professionals, not PR or marketing people, and we're
not always the most eloquent, well-expressed, or smooth-spoken crowd.

YMMV

And Victor, I think you read to much into Mike's reply.  He was trying his
best to answer your question simply and to the point.
--
Doug

gossamer link for Victor's original thread: