[mythtv-users] No Match for argument: mythtv-suite - What am I missing?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Sep 26 05:32:38 UTC 2007

junk at edgarchen.com wrote:
> I'm a linux beginner and am trying to upgrade mtyhtv via yum, but no matter
> what I try, I always get: No Match for argument: mythtv-suite.  I've
> searched the mailing list, Google, Google groups and can't find an answer.
> It feels like I'm just missing some simple thing, but I can't figure it out.
>

> What am I missing??

Axel changed the name of the meta-package from myth-suite to mythtv.
It had something to do with a general re-packaging of MythTV and its
associated libraries.  It also caused some rumpled feathers during some
people's updates as the mythtv package now drags in everything.

> I'm running kernel-2.6.22.7-57.fc6.i686

ATRPMs hasn't been updated in a while.  I think Axel is in the process
of relocating, and isn't doing much in the way of package rebuilds yet.
It will take some time.  I hope you don't need some kernel modules from
ATRPMs for your latest kernel....I know I'm waiting for a few.

Paul Cavalcanti has been nice enough to rebuild a few packages and put
them here:

http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/rpms/kernel/

Good Luck!

--