[mythtv-users] OT: Cable Modems...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Sep 26 17:13:48 UTC 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 7:33 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> Wonder what they use on those ATMs (bank machine, not a network
> protocol) that use dialups? I read somewhere that folks were putting
> recorders on the lines but I suspect that's apocryphal.

The internals of convenience store ATMs are mostly ordinary PC
components.  The keypad, bill dispenser, and touchscreen are the only
really unusual parts.

A recorder on the line won't do much good.  Modern ATMs encrypt the
PIN *in the keypad* -- it's not even available to the host OS in
unencrypted form.