[mythtv-users] DirecTV STB USB port

Rob S zerogeek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 20:31:32 UTC 2007

So I (think) this problem is finally resolved.  Figured it might be helpful
for someone else down the line to post what I did to solve it.  Long story
short - the LNB on our dish was bad and needed to be replaced.

Somehow this translates into the box(es) eventually ignoring all messages
sent to through the USB port.  Sometime after this strange problem surfaced
occasionally only half of the channels would work (they would show satellite
signal not found).  This was due to only half of the two transponders
getting a signal.

Bottom line - if your direcTV box suddenly stops changing channels and
*will* once you do a hard reboot of the box then you direcTV signal may be
degraded somewhat due to cabling or a bad LNB.

-rob