[mythtv-users] MacOSX MySQL Errors

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 22:29:04 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#modify_perm_mysql
>
> You do not need MySQL installed on the frontend machine. You do need
> to set up MySQL to allow remote connections and tell MySQL you want
> your mythtv user from your frontend machine to access the myth
> database files.

I've tried that...  I changed the permissions to allow everyone on my
subnet (took a while to figure out that I needed to press CTRL-D and not
CTRL-C to exit).  I'm still not having any luck getting in.

What would be a good way to check all of the MySQL settings on the
backend to ensure that they are correct?