[mythtv-users] A plea for help

Pamela Jaye Ashworth pashworth at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 26 23:46:08 UTC 2007

On 23 Sep 2007 at 20:25, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 06:09:01PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> > Ben Davis wrote:
> > > Hi all.  I have been a happy MythTV user for roughly 3 years now,
> > > and have loved it.  I've recently upgraded my entire mythtv setup
> > > to an HD setup,  and have begun to notice that my mythtv box
> > > crashes from time to time during recordings.  And when say crash,
> > > I mean hard-crash:  no network, keyboard control, display output,
> > > nothing.   I am never able to see any type of error on the screen
> > > (probably from X blanking the screen).

you should have been here two years ago to experience the joys of
Motherboard Lock. There's nothing like the sound of that last little
bit of audio playing again and again and again and....

(yeah, I know that wasn't helpful, but you just reminded me of the
two months that motherboard spent slowly dying - without any SOS's
saying "it's me. it's not the video card. it's not the RAM...")
--
Pam (from Boston, no matter where I live now)
"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it