[mythtv-users] Fwd: Scheduling Conflicts?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 27 08:25:32 UTC 2007

On 09/26/2007 12:05 AM, Jon wrote:
> I have some scheduling conflicts I need to understand. My priorities
> are set appropriately. I had Heroes set to record (find weekly,
> priority +25) and instead myth decided it wanted to record Amercian
> Bodyshop (find whenever, priority -2)
>
> Tonight it was set to record House, (weekly, priority +20) and
> instead wanted to record Eureeka (anytime, priority -3). I have
> overridden this, but would like to understand why it is scheduling
> things all funky. I missed heroes, and have to wait til the end of
> the week when it airs again (or download it)
>
> I understand that there may have not been another airing of the
> bodyshop or eureeka episodes (unlikely though, they air a lot) but
> wouldn't the priority override this setting?
>
> Please advise me on how to make this work so I can just forget about
> it and know my recordings are going to happen.

You've told Myth it can do this.  In frontend settings:

Reschedule Higher Priorities
Move higher priority programs to other cards and showings when resolving
conflicts.  This can be used to record lower priority programs that
would otherwise not be recorded, but risks missing a higher priority
program if the schedule changes.

I know for a fact, that Heroes had a rerun scheduled.  I'd guess the
same is true of House (though I didn't research it).

If you want highest-priority shows first--even if it means missing a
lower-priority show--disable the above setting.  Not that disabling the
setting means you'll get Heroes.  With the setting enabled, you might
not get it as the rerun could be cancelled (i.e. the schedule may change
before the rerun airs and something else may be shown instead).  That's
exactly why there's a big fat warning in the help text for the setting.

Mike