[mythtv-users] Question on following Integrate Sirius from the Wiki

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 27 12:06:14 UTC 2007

I'm trying to follow the "Integrate Sirius" wiki entry
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Integrate_Sirius) to be able to listen
to my Sirius radio via Myth.  I am running Fedora Core 6 via MythDora 4.0,
and have the latest 0.20.2 version from atrpms.  I got sipie working (it was
a little tricky, but I got it),but have a few questions on it.

1)       The Wiki mentions putting "trygui = False" into the
/home/mythtv/.sipie/config file, which I did, but when I run the python
sipie script from the command line, I still get a GUI, and I still have to
pick the channel that I want to stream even though I passed in the station
to the script (i.e "sipie.py octane").  I thought that trygui would suppress
having to do that.

2)       I created the 2 scripts that were suggested in the Wiki (sipie_myth
and sipie_kill) and made a symbolic link in /usr/bin for my desired channel.
When I run the sipie_myth script, it calls sipie_kill.  In sipie_kill, it's
supposed to call the kill command only if the pid_file exists, but it gets
called regardless.  I get one of those "usage" printouts, like when you
simply enter kill with no parameters and it tells you the parameters.

This isn't a big deal, but I'd like to get these minor things worked out
before I attempt to move onto the last part of tweaking the XML files on the
Myth main menu.

Thanks,

Harry