[mythtv-users] DVB-T Channel Numbers (UK)

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Sep 27 16:59:02 UTC 2007

James Fidell wrote:
> Ian Newby wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>     I have recently deleted all my channels and re-scanned them to cope
>> with channel re-orgainzations and I have noted that some channels are
>> coming up more than once, ie.
>>
>> ITV4 appears as channel number 28 and also channel number "ITV4" both
>> with the same callsign and name
>> More4 appears as channel number 14 and also channel number "More4" both
>> with the same callsign and name
>>
>> Other effected channels are
>> Five Life, Five US, Teachers TV, Film4+1, ITV2+1, Channel4+1
>>
>> What can cause this? is it todo with mythfilldatabase?
>
> I think it could be.  The most reliable way I've found to scan for
> channels is to run scan beforehand to create a channels.conf file
> and import that to create the channel list.  If mythfilldatabase
> is run externally I just quit without adding any data.

It may be more to do with the recent reorganisation of the Channel 4/Channel 5
frequencies. I got a similar problem and just manually edited/deleted in the
channel editor. There may also be changes with the xmltvid values which could
cause the effects you see.

Actually I identified other problems - I may post on them later tonight or
sometime tomorrow. It may be that the power levels have been increased on some
of the multiplexes, so you are actually scanning other transmitters as well as
the expected one. This *will* leave duplicates in your channel list.

Mike Perkins