[mythtv-users] viewing recordings via Windows - preferred solution today?

Todd mythtv at vbref.org
Thu Sep 27 20:17:50 UTC 2007

Greetings again,

I have another nagging question over my 2 months of MythTV use that
neither google nor a browse of the past 2 months of archives here has
helped me much with.

Say I have a Windows XP machine on the LAN -- what is considered the
most elegant (i.e. non-techie-wife-friendly once isntalled) way to
allow recordings to be viewed from such a box?

Is there a well behaved MythTV frontend for Windows?

I was able to find WinMyth and http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/ and
several others that seem like they might skin this cat, but it's hard
to judge from the masses which is going to be the least drama for a
midrange user.

Thanks in advance for narrowing the choices down and sharing
experience.