[mythtv-users] "get the sources and fix it yourself"

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Sep 27 21:20:38 UTC 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 2:06 PM, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
>     That is what the documentation is for.
>
>     Ignorant of something? Crack open a book.

People sometimes ask me how I got so good with computers.

I tell them, "I read the manuals."

They never really believe me, I suspect.  But it's true.  I've been
reading the documentation for every piece of hardware or software I
could get my hands on since about 1987, when I read the MS-DOS 2.11
manual cover to cover and worked through all the examples.

Reading the documentation may not be a surefire path to computer
guruhood, but it's a good start.