[mythtv-users] Upgrade path to .21 or .20.2

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 22:04:15 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Eric Robinson <ryunokokoro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ron Garrison wrote:
> > .21 has not been released yet - perhaps you meant the trunk?  I would
> > personally go with .20-fixes as it contains some important fixes since
> > .20.2 was released.  I don't know if .20-fixes can be obtained from
> > the repositories as I always compile from source.
> >
> > Ron
> Is that how it works?  My impression of the versions order is the
> following:
>
> 0.19
> 0.20
> 0.20-fixes
> 0.20.1
> 0.20.2
>
> Is that incorrect?  Is 0.20-fixes actually a somewhat 'dynamic' version?

Yes  - 0.20, 0.20.1 & 0.20.2 are static whereas 0.20-fixes incorporates the
fixes as they are needed.  .20.1 and .20.2 are essentially snapshots of
.20-fixes at some point in time.

For reference here is the revision log of .20.2.  Notice that it is simply
the .20-fixes as of 8/24/07
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/log/tags/release-0-20-2

And here is the revision log for .20-fixes.  Notice the most recent change
was just 6 days ago.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/log/branches/release-0-20-fixes

Ron