[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crashes playing live TV or recordings - Suggestions?

Oliver Maunder mail at olivermaunder.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 07:43:12 UTC 2007

On 9/28/07, Alex Halovanic <halovanic at gmail.com> wrote:

> A hard lock would lead me to guess the Via video drivers are at fault,
> as usually that's the only thing that can freeze the whole system.
> Have you tried playing back a video file in something like mplayer to
> see if all video playback crashes the system, or just mythfrontend's?

Looks like you're right about the drivers. I changed to the standard vesa
driver in xorg.conf. Now I still get the black screen and no video, but the
system doesn't lock up and it looks like I'm getting some decent log output
- although I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

And mplayer works OK - this does just seem to be a problem with myth.

Thanks for the help

Olly