[mythtv-users] osx-packager.pl fails

Todd Ignasiak todd.ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:11:24 UTC 2007

I also ran into the problem decribed in this thread, when trying to
build 0.20.2.   It would get to the end of the process, then fail when
packaging the pieces together into the .app.

The error was:

cp: /Users/mythtv/Build/20fixes/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/mythfrontend:
No such file or directory
[osx-pkg] Failed system call: " cp
/Users/mythtv/Build/20fixes/.osx-packager/src/myth-svn/mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/mythfrontend
/Users/mythtv/Build/20fixes/MythFrontend " with error code 1
Died at ./osx-packager.pl line 976.

The problem was that I was using osx-packager.pl from trunk.   Once I
grabbed the version of osx-packager.pl from 0.20.2, and built with
that, it worked fine and produced a working MythFrontend.app.

My command line was:
      osx-packager.pl  -verbose --svntag release-0-20-2 -noversion