[mythtv-users] Intel Drivers i810 and/or i915

stanley kamithi skamithi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:03:30 UTC 2007

> My new Asus P5L-MX motherboard with E6600 Core 2 Duo cpu has a builtin
> (45G video chipset, I am using the i810 driver, but it bluescreens on
> 720p recordings. I have seen references to a i915 driver.
>
> Is this a video driver, intended as a replacement/enhancement of the i810?
>
> Anyone getting good results using the i810 driver? Or do I need to pick
> up an nvidia card?

I have a laptop with a i945 video card.  I can watch HD (1080i) just fine on
it.
I had to make the following tuneups to it.

Depends on what driver version you have. If you have 1.7.XX then apply
the following to your xorg.conf to increase XV performance.

 "CacheLines" "2048"
"LinearAlloc" "6144"

If you have the 2.X intel drivers, apply only

"LinearAlloc" "6144"

If you search google for references on cachelines and linearalloc and the
i915 and i945 video cards
you'll see more references on this.