[mythtv-users] "get the sources and fix it yourself"

Bearcat M. Sandor HomeTheater at feline-soul.com
Fri Sep 28 18:34:12 UTC 2007

> On 28/09/2007, Scott Sharkey <ssharkey at linuxunlimited.com> wrote:
>>
>> Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
>> > Scott,
>> >
>> > Good points. I try to give a few weeks of training, before i send them
>> out in
>> > to the wilds of irc and lists to get what help they can.
>> >
>> > For the record, i've given out a few hundred dollars worth of Amazon
>> gift
>> > certificates (usually about $50) when someone spends a lot of time
>> helping me
>> > pull my ass out of the fire.  I mean i shudder to think of how much
>> money M$
>> > would have charged me for the same time with their (usually) crappy
>> tech
>> > support.
>> >
>> > So far, it's never insulted anyone, they feel validated and i feel
>> better then
>> > if i just said "thank you" and dissolved into ether[net].
>>
>> That's actually a GREAT idea... I'm gonna steal it <grin>.
>>
>> -Scott
>

> But according to ESR that wont help my X problems :o(

Actually, it will. When you give me money it helps you feel like a better
person and emboldens your problem solving abilities. This money will help
me get a better computer and then we will be able to chat over IRC even
faster!  See how this works? If you give me enough to by the quad core i
want, i can solve your problem *really* quickly.

... *scampers off (4 times) with the speed of a quad core*