[mythtv-users] refreshing today's schedule info automatically

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:12:56 UTC 2007

On 9/28/07, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/28/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> > > It does, at some point, have to change.  Are you trying to imply that
> > > the data is never updated inside of a two week period?
> >
> > Is there really a two-week period between your yesterdays and your
> > todays?  Only about 24 hours (or so--depending on times) between mine.
> >
> > >   No shows have
> > > ever been rescheduled or canceled inside of two weeks from their air
> > > date?
> > >
> > > Anyone following the schedules of any major sports tournament can tell
> > > you that the schedules occasionally change the night before in
> > > response to wins or losses.
> >
> > Yeah.  What I want is proof that TMS (or whatever provider) actually has
> > updates for today that weren't in the listings downloaded automatically
> > by mythfilldatabase yesterday when it downloaded tomorrow's data (which
> > is now today).
> >
> > If so, then there should be discussion on the lists to determine whether
> > it makes sense to change mythfilldatabase to allow refreshing today,
> > tomorrow, and +13.  Perhaps it will make sense for some providers and
> > not others, but if so, mfdb should be updated to reflect this.
> >
> > Mike
>
> If that's the point you had wanted to make, I'd have started with
> asking him what period he uses to download his listings.  Not everyone
> runs them with the same frequency.  That he's got listings for any
> given day only proves at some point in the last two weeks he's
> downloaded listings.
>
> For the longest time, I ran mine only on Sunday and refreshed
> Wednesday morning.  I've only just increased the schedule to deal with
> the turbulence of fall premieres.
>
> Ryan

Fair enough... I'd like to know the same questions that Mike is
asking, as far as if TMS ever updates their listings within 24 hours.

The reason I asked to begin with were based on other discussions I've
come across in the list in regards to "incomplete" data and
descriptions, particularly in news programs that may or may not know
who's scheduled as the guest that night or topic of discussion.  In
addition, particular other special events like presidential
announcements that may have been scheduled that day that myth doesn't
know about.

Really, I'm in agreement that if it won't do me any good, then I'm
fine running it the way I always have - default, out of the box
settings.  Does anyone out there have any evidence that
"--refresh-today" actually provides new data that "tomorrow" didn't
already provide?

Thanks!
Matt