[mythtv-users] Fall premieres

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 28 21:27:34 UTC 2007

On 09/13/2007 04:46 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> says:
>
>> When you exit the program guide, you can just unpause and go back to
>> your show.  All hail whomever wrote that code, BTW.
> Indeed.
>
> I do highly recommend that people who know how to apply patches use
> John Poet's local-over-global-bindings patch
> (<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/231202#231202>).
> With the patch I can use the same key to bring up Program Guide and
> Program Finder whether in or out of playback, but the "right" kind of
> Guide and Finder will be brought up depending on the context. And as
> I've previously suggested
> (<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/236902#236902>),
> I think Scheduled Recordings also could use the same treatment.

Better would be to apply the "real" fix made by Roo at
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3642 .  I'd recommend
translate-key-presses_alterante_approach_v4.diff as it's most likely to
be the change committed to the "upstream" sources (or at least to be
used as a basis for the final change).

John's patch was actually committed and reverted, so the final solution
won't work like his patch.  Basically, even John mentioned that his was
a quick hack he threw together.  He has also described a more "correct"
approach for getting the degree of control he wanted (which, BTW, isn't
really related to the local-versus-global bindings issue that Roo has
since fixed correctly--instead he really wants a way to reuse keys for
different functions in different parts of Myth).  He and/or David Engel
may be working on code for that approach.  If anyone else is really
interested in working on it, let me know and I'll dig up the references.

Mike