[mythtv-users] recordings got quieter?

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Sun Sep 30 00:39:59 UTC 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 11:27 PM, W.Kenworthy wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 21:17 -0400, Kurt Yoder wrote:

> does it record from an external source?  I had this problem and
> discovered that one of the kids was using the foxtel boxes remote to
> control its volume, so it was often low when myth did a recording.  A
> real xxxxx to fault find!!!!
>
> The family refuses to use myth for livetv as its too clunky, so I have
> to put up with checking all the external sources where I cant get a
> fixed line level :(

Well, I checked the STB, and its volume was at 70, so I upped it to
100. That did make a big difference, but I also went back and checked
the older recordings. They had *also* increased in volume. I'm
scratching my head here, because I didn't touch any settings on the
myth box. Very weird -- but good. I'll leave it alone until a few new
recordings are done and then check again to see if my problems have
been resolved.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

--

Kurt Yoder