[mythtv-users] Problems Compiling on Feisty

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Sun Sep 30 07:45:46 UTC 2007

I had a hard disk crash a couple of days ago. After installing a new
drive and doing a fresh install of Feisty, I checked out and compiled
the latest svn.

As usual the compile went smoothly and I did a checkinstall. Now when I
try to start mythtv I get the following errors:

ian at mythtv:~/devel/mythtv-svn/mythtv$ mythfrontend
mythfrontend: Symbol `_ZTV13SelectSetting' has different size in shared
object, consider re-linking
mythfrontend: Symbol `_ZTV13ChannelWizard' has different size in shared
object, consider re-linking
mythfrontend: Symbol `_ZTV19ConfigurationWizard' has different size in
shared object, consider re-linking

In the past when things like this have happened adding /usr/local/lib to
ld.so.conf and re-running ldconfig has fixed it. However, no matter what
I do I can't get past this problem.

Things I have tried:

make distclean (every time before a fresh compile)

Revert to the svn checkout, which worked perfectly before.

I am now stuck and would welcome any help in fixing the problem!

Ian.