[mythtv-users] Video quality?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 30 16:39:18 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/30/2007 11:07 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
>> Piers Kittel wrote:
>>
>>> Lack of CPU power would explain it, but the PowerMac is more than
>>> powerful enough to handle the video, and I see it.  Also, like I
>>> mentioned before, I can see it when playing back using MythTV, but
>>> using VLC, I don't see it, and that's on the same computer, same
>>> video file located on the same hard drive, etc.
>>>
>> That would certainly point to the Myth playback software,
>
> Or its configuration :)

That's what I meant. If the problem were inherent in the software itself
we would be seeing a lot more complaints of this type.

While I can see the difference between Myth's output and "live" TV
almost nobody else can, unless they have the technical experience to
know what to look for.

Sometimes I yell and complain about severe macro-blocking on OTA HD
sports broadcasts while others in the room just say "What???".

I guess whoever decided that the general public would put up with such
artifacts was correct :-)

beww