[mythtv-users] need help with my irblaster.info irblaster w. lirc/MythTV

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun Sep 30 19:35:59 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 30/09/2007, Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:
>
>> What modules need to be active in Ubuntu fiesty to work with the
>> aforementioned serial IR transmitter?
>
> Joe,
>
> You need to make sure that lirc_serial was compiled with the
> '--with-transmitter' option, and that you are calling irsend with the
> correct lircd socket (the '--device' option).

Okay, I haven't investigated whether or not lirc_serial was compiled,
and if so whether it was compiled with --with-transmitter, but simply
adding the --device option gives me the following:

$ irsend --device=/dev/lirc0 SEND_ONCE dish 3
irsend: could not connect to socket
irsend: Permission denied

Does this reveal anything interesting? I do have a functioning
/dev/lirc0 and remote receiver setup.

--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
joe at netmusician.org