[mythtv-users] "commfree" setting in channels table?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:12:05 UTC 2008

I was looking at the channels table via MythWeb, abd noticed a field
called "commfree".  I figured it was to indicate that the channel was
commercial-free, so I checked it for my PBS stations and Cinemax.

Tonight, I was recording "Children of Men" on CinemaxHD, and I
happened to look at the status page.  Here's what was in there:

Mon 3/31 8:00 PM - Children of Men - Flag Commercials
Children of Men (8:00 PM-10:00 PM)
Job: Flag Commercials
Status Time: Mon Mar 31 9:09 PM

Comments:
48% Completed @ 37.9045 fps.

Why would the commflagger run on this program?  I know that you can
set the commflag job to run per recording rule, but I didn't touch
that setting.  It's still set at "flag commercials".

If this is normal behavior, what's the purpose of the field in the
channels table?

Version info:
MythTV Version   : 16812
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1