[mythtv-users] How hard is it to build an HD MythTV?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:49:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:04 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 11:13:59AM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
>  > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:45 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>  > > On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 10:07:40AM -0700, allene222 wrote:
>  [deletia]
>

>  > >     As far as display goes, I have had very good experiences with
>  > >  the DVI ports on my mac minis. They support both svideo and HDMI
>  > >  cheaply and fairly easily. So I would tend to recommend nvidia or
>  > >  intel vidcards with dvi ports at this point.
>  > >
>  > >     I've found display profiles in 0.21 a bit of a chore though.
>  > >  I've yet to find satisfactory results with HD using the internal
>  > >  player. CPU usage is about 3x what is is in xine.
>  >
>  > probably your choice in deinterlacer. xine should not be significantly
>  > faster than the internal player.
>
>      It's not so much that xine inherently faster. I just has saner
>  more useful defaults. I will figure out the appropriate 0.21 options
>  for the internal player, eventually...

it shouldn't be that hard, disable all the deinterlacing and see how
much CPU it uses, then try the different ones to see which gives you
the best output for the amount of CPU your willing to use. Bob is
quite popular for HD material, and there are two new ones, Greedy and
Yadif to try, I believe Yadif is the more popular of the two, though
you'll want to search through this list to see what people say.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!