[mythtv-users] Finally using comflagging (wow!), have a few questions

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Apr 1 20:10:20 UTC 2008

Tom Dexter wrote:

> Oh man...you simply have to be kidding me.  It looks like there's NO
> way to tell mythcommflag (when using the --allstart date option) to
> skip LiveTV recordings.  I may have to scrap this if I can't.  Can
> anyone think of a work-around?

Yeah. Code up the new job queue feature talked about in this thread. ;)

> This actually raises a larger question:  Does 0.21 allow for
> AutoExpireLiveTVMaxAge to be set to zero?  That's one that's bugged me
> since I first installed.  I always have LiveTV recordings hidden and,
> once I change channels or exit LiveTV, I have no use for them.
>
> I've posted once to see if anyone knew of a down side to changing it
> manually to zero and never heard anything.  Given this new issue I
> think I'm going to give it a try.

The argument has always been that there is no reason to expire them as
soon as you're done. They will expire tomorrow anyway - or when more
room is needed - or immediately if the program is under a certain length
(2 minutes I think) - or stick around however many days you have set to
keep them.

-Brad