[mythtv-users] mythgallery and videofiles

John Veness John.Veness.myth at pelago.org.uk
Tue Apr 1 20:55:17 UTC 2008

Paul Bender wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> Dart Moory wrote:
>>> Thank you. I will try it.
>>> But also I am wondering why internal player does not work any more?
>> Are you using 0.21-fixes? That works much better than the initially
>> released 0.21. Among other things, it fixes playback of DVDs. Hence, the
>> moniker "fixes". ;)
>
> I second getting the latest fixes. For me, the internal player would not
> play any DVDs tested in the initial release, would play most DVDs tested
> after 16483, and would play all DVDs tested as of 16867 (not sure which
> change fixed my final problem). In addition, MythTV 0.21 handles DVD
> menus better than MythTV 0.20.

I believe that the Ubuntu 0.21 mythvideo package actually contains the
DVD playing fix. At least, it works for me. To Dart - are you sure
you're now up-to-date with your packages? mythvideo is 0.21, yes? Do you
have a Play DVD menu item (location will vary dependent on your menu theme)?

Cheers,

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T