[mythtv-users] scheduling question

Glenn Harris gharris+list+mythtv at eklo.com
Wed Apr 2 14:52:55 UTC 2008

This morning I was tweaking priorities and schedules so I could record
as much baseball and new shows that are starting back up in the coming
weeks (finally!).  I saw a bunch of old episodes of The Office airing
this Thursday and wanted to try to catch them as well.  As always, the
easiest solution to all of this would be to throw more money at it and
buy another tuner, but in lieu of that, I played with the schedules
and ran into this issue:

I set up a recording schedule to record all episodes of The Office
airing on WBALDT (the HD CBS affiliate here) that are not currently
recorded - with a priority of 0.
I set up another recording schedule to record all episodes of The
Office on any channel that have not already been recorded - with a
priority of 5.

This gives me mostly what I want.  The Office only records old shows
when it does not conflict with anything else - and it only records
re-runs from CBS (which are fairly infrequent, as opposed to TBS which
seemingly shows 10 a day).  And new episodes get priority over a lot
of the other fluff that I scheduled during the writers' strike.

The only problem is that it wants to record the new episode from the
non-HD channel WBAL, since it apparently sees the WBALDT showing as a
lower priority.

Am I going about this the wrong way?  Is there an easier/better way to
set this up?

Thanks for any help!
--Glenn