[mythtv-users] The Fit-PC: Too low-end for HD?

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Apr 2 17:17:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:57:14AM -0700, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> For about $50 more you can get an Asus Eee PC that WILL play HD. My boss
> got one the other day and it played HD in Myth with no problems. I'm
> thinking of getting one myself.
>
> Tom
>

> You mean to say that a 900mhz celeron M processor can do HD? I find that
> very hard to believe

Worse, it's a 900MHz Celeron-M that's clocked down to 630MHz.
Even if there's XvMC support for the Intel GMA950, it seems
unlikely.

(The eee is a great little device, but I'm waiting for another
two hardware generations. Never buy 1st generation of
anything...)

-dsr-

--
Restore our Constitutional rights.