[mythtv-users] PVR500 Tuning

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 21:31:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 4:19 PM, Conrad <conrad.montlouis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I'm using the term tuning improperly.  I really mean receiving a
> signal.
> I do own the breakout pannel for the PVR500. If I am correct, I believe
> that there is only one svideo output from the STB, will that be sufficient
> to send signals to both 'tuner' on the board.  If not how then do I get both
> 'tuners' to work?
> Thanks

The PVR-500 has the following inputs:

1 Coax split internally to Tuner 1 and Tuner 2.  This is fed from a
cable-ready connection such as a TV antenna or cable TV service
1 S-video.  This is a single input from a single s-video source
1 Composite.  This is a single input from a single composite source

You don't have any kind of duality on the s-video or composite, it simply
records whatever signal is coming to it.

Kevin