[mythtv-users] Australian daylight saving time puzzle

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 22:45:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:15 AM, David Segall <david at segall.net> wrote:
>  >
>  Thanks Graham. Are you saying that an error in the yahoo7widget has
>  combined with an error in my timezone data that results in my recording
>  all the programs I want? If so, I will live with the problem until next
>  Sunday when, I assume, both errors will fix themselves.

Hi,

I experienced my shows being an hour early yesterday thanks to the
shepherd grabber.  After some frantic emails to the normally quiet
shepherd mailing list, I resolved me problems.

My take on what happened is as follows:
1) Crazy people keep changing DLS changover dates.
2) The server where yahoo7 hosted its data didn't have the new TZ patches.
3) The shepherd grabber for the yahoo7widget was updated to compensate
4) Yahoo pulled their finger out and fixed their server
5) I (and probably you) did a shepherd run (using mythfilldatabase)
and grabbed good data with a compensating grabber.  This happened at
10am yesterday for me.
6) The grabber has now been corrected as at ~7pm last night.  I ran
shepherd at about 10pm and it updated itself and is working perfectly.

As an aside, all me recordings happened 1 hour late on Sunday, which
is probably before the grabber was updated to compensate for yahoo
tardyness in keeping their server up-to-date!.

HTH's
Whytey