[mythtv-users] Using a STB for Firewire or PVR-250 input...

James Lampton jlampton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 02:46:36 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've recently made the jump to FiOS and the wonderful land of STBs.  I've
got an HD box that I can successfully* control through Firewire (* I can
always get the channel to change, but they've locked me out of pulling the
signal out of everything but the local channels).

So, I would like to setup a video source that represents the channels I can
pick up via Firewire and have that be a high priority for those channels,
but for the majority of the channels, I would like to feed the STB into one
of my existing tuners (pvr-250).  Is there a way that I can tell MythTV to
treat the two sources of information exclusively, that is either Firewire OR
PVR is scheduled/used at one time not both.  I would like to prevent the
case where I have two recordings of the same show because the STB can only
tune one channel at a time.

Thanks,
James