[mythtv-users] Internal player exits when selecting DVD title

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 16:12:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've noticed recently that when I try to play some DVDs using the internal
player I can navigate through the menus fine, however when I actually select
a title mythfrontend exits. This happens on DVDs I'm sure I've used before
with mythtv before 0.21. I'm able to view the title using mplayer (without
menus), and vlc plays the title perfectly (with menus).

I sometimes get "Error cracking CSS key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB" (and
VTS_01_0.VOB) but since mplayer and vlc can play them, I don't think its a
libdvdcss issue. I also get quite a few
"[mpeg2video @ 0x....] invalid mb type in B Frame..." and ac-tex damaged
type errors immediately before mythfrontend exits.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Jonny