[mythtv-users] ivtv in new fedora8 kernel causing problems?

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Thu Apr 3 17:30:28 UTC 2008

>> I'm experiencing this as well.  kernel 2.6.24.3-34.fc8
>>
>> As a temporary fix I run this from cron every minute
>>
>> /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl  -d /dev/video1  --set-audio-input=1
>>
>> which fixes it for me (video1 is my pvr-150)
>>
>> Scott

> Just a question, if my device is /dev/video0 should the
> --set-audio-input=0 or 1?

I believe the important piece for that would be to just
change the  video1 to video0.  But you can verify your
audio inputs with:

/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --list-audio-inputs
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO
         Input   : 0
         Name    : Tuner 1

         Input   : 1
         Name    : Line In 1

         Input   : 2
         Name    : Line In 2

I would just bring up live tv and in another window try the
different options to make sure it works.  Be sure to give it
a few seconds to take affect.

Scott