[mythtv-users] ivtv in new fedora8 kernel causing problems?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Apr 3 17:34:51 UTC 2008

Scott Harris wrote:

> Mark Hutchinson wrote:
>> I am having audio tinny'ness after an update on Fedora 8 with a
>> Hauppauge 150 and a 500.
>> There were two updates that could have done this.  As I understand,
>> ivtv drivers are now in the kernel.  Also an update was ivtv itself.
>> Here is the kernel version: 2.6.24.3-50.fc8
>>
>> Though, I still have the ivtv-kmdl installed as well:
>> ivtv-1.0.3-136.fc8
>> ivtv-kmdl-2.6.24.3-50.fc8-1.0.3-136.fc8
>>
>> Wondering on ideas to troubleshoot this.  I was thinking of
>> blacklisting ivtv in hopes that it would black list the included
>> kernel version and use the kmdl version that has worked in the past?
>>
>> How do you tell which supplied version is the offender?
>>

> I'm experiencing this as well.  kernel 2.6.24.3-34.fc8
>
> As a temporary fix I run this from cron every minute
>
> /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl  -d /dev/video1  --set-audio-input=1
>
> which fixes it for me (video1 is my pvr-150)
>
> Scott

Any idea what v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video1 --get-audio-input returns when the
problem is happening? Is it the same correct value and --set-audio-input
just resets the audio or is it something else? For some reason, I feel
weird about setting the audio input on my 2 cards every minute - even
while recording.

Also, for what it's worth, I have noticed this on my PVR-350, but not on
my PVR-150 which is my default card. I'm also running 2.6.24.3-34.fc8.

-Brad