[mythtv-users] Advice on a silent PC/Mini ITX for DVI and DVB-T (maybe -S)

Oliver Maunder mail at olivermaunder.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 22:23:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Nicholas Piper
<nick-mythtv at nickpiper.co.uk> wrote:
>  I could get the EX10000EG Motherboard
>  with Fanless 1GHz C7 CPU -
>  http://www.icp-epia.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=186 This
>  has the 'advantage' of the HD-capable CX700M2 graphics processor, but
>  as of right now, this isn't supported for mpeg2 decoding -

I've got that board. After a lot of effort I've got it just about
working. I can't get anywhere with hardware deciding, but it has
enough power to decode SD MPEG2 and 4 in software. You can forget
about HD! It serves my needs adequately for now, but I wouldn't buy it
again.

In short - avoid! It looks great on paper, but you'd be better off
with something else.

Olly