[mythtv-users] pcHDTV-5500 reception versus WinTV-HVR-1800?

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:54:03 UTC 2008

I have the WinTV-HVR-1600 on my Windows machine and I have not been very
impressed with it. I decided to purchase two pcHDTV-5500 for my MythTV
system and I have been very impressed thus far.

Nonetheless, the thing I found that makes the biggest difference is the
antenna I use. With the right antenna, I can get a clear signal on both, but
with the wrong type of antenna for my area, the MythTV system using
pcHDTV-5500 still shows a better picture than my WinTV-1600 using the WinTV
software. But again, I don't have any direct experience with Hauppauge cards
in Linux.

Greg Mischel Smith
KCMO