[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD-PVR: Photos and link to pre-order

Scot Cornell scot_c at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 17:29:10 UTC 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 10:25 AM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

Jeff Clark wrote:
On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
Mark Hutchinson wrote:
Matt Emmott wrote:
Looks like it finally exists. I'll be pre-ordering soon!

http://brentevans.blogspot.com/2008/04/hauppauge-hd-pvr-photos.html

I will be interested to see if it has Linux support
Oh, good. I didn't think anyone here would be interested in that. I hope
they're ready for the onslaught of pre-orders.

So would this take the place of a mythbox or work with one?

It's a capture device that connects to a computer.
It won't work with Myth at all until there is a confirmed working Linux
driver and support is explicitly added into MythTV.

My hope is that it is released with a working Linux driver and support
is added relatively quickly and backported to 0.21 so I don't have to
move off packages and back onto SVN again to get this working ASAP.
These are just hopes, of course. ;)

-Brad

How does it connect to computer. USB?