[mythtv-users] ATT U-verse - any users yet recording successfully?

Jeff Clark jeff at vacantcanvas.com
Fri Apr 4 17:32:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Eric Holt (MythTV)
<eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:
> Hi Brad.  I use MythTV with my U-Verse service, and it works great.
>
>  I have a PVR-150 card.  I bring the signal from the AT&T set top box
>  into the PVR-150 card via S-Video.  I use the PVR-150's IR blaster to
>  change channels on the set top box with a simple external channel
>  changing script.  It took some play to get everything going just right,
>  but once I got it, its been perfect ever since.  I've been doing this
>  now for about 2 months... I think we got U-Verse on January 18th.
>
>  If you want to see any of my configuration files or what-not just let me
>  know.  Oh btw, my recordings look fricken great.  I just have a standard
>  def TV, but U-Verse's SD signal looks amazing compared to our old
>  Comcast SD signal.  Its fantastic!  I couldnt be happier, plus we're
>  saving right at $45/month for almost the exact same level of service.
>

>  Good luck,
>   --Eric
>

>  Brad Fuller wrote:
>  > I've looked through the archives and found that no one has used MythTV
>  > with AT&T U-verse. But, I'd like to ask the community directly. Has
>  > anyone? And if so, how'd you get it working?
>  >
>  > It looks like U-verse is IP based with no QAM channels. I assume that
>  > the router that comes with the service routes the stream to the
>  > appropriate set top box. There was a message about capturing the
>  > stream after the router, but it was a proposal, not a procedure that
>  > was successful (unless it was! Please tell!)
>  >
>  > If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure be interested. Is this how the world
>  > will end up on a couple of years? (that is, IP streams)
>  >

Eric-

This is a little OT, but are you using the IR blaster that came with
the PVR-150?  The one that plugs directly into the card?  I'm having
an issue getting it to work right (at all) and would love to be
pointed to some documentation on how to get it running...

Jeff