[mythtv-users] MythTV for iPhone

Mobile Scot scot_c at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 18:15:08 UTC 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 9:18 AM, "Fred Squires" <fsquires at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Chris Carey <chris.carey at gmail.com> wrote:
MythTV for iPhone allows you to watch your TV shows recorded on your
MythTV DVR on your iPhone.

The software combines the work of many great programmers into one
application. What I'm bringing to the mix is the iPhone UI integration
with Myth, and database interaction. It allows you to browse your
recorded shows, and look at show details. You can stream any recorded
show to the iPhone wirelessly. The picture is very good and fills the
screen in landscape mode. It will eventually also allow you to control
your (PC based) MythFrontend as a web-based remote control.

The technology behind it is MythTV (The Open-Source DVR), PHP for the
backend, Smarty and iUI for the frontend.

http://chriscarey.com/projects/mythtv/iphone/

I just tried the live demo on my friend's iPhone.  Great work!
Now, I just need to buy an iPhone.

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.

This looks very nice. Looking forward to release.