[mythtv-users] ATT U-verse - any users yet recording successfully?

Eric Holt (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Fri Apr 4 18:44:10 UTC 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Eric Holt (MythTV)
> <eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:
>> Hi Brad.  I use MythTV with my U-Verse service, and it works great.
>>
>>  I have a PVR-150 card.  I bring the signal from the AT&T set top box
>>  into the PVR-150 card via S-Video.
>
> I assume there is some audio output on the set top box. What do you do there?
> Also, what outputs are available on the set top box?
>
> And: anyone recording HD with U-verse?
>
> BTW: the service comes with 3 set top boxes, but what if you have
> more. When I think of it, I would just hate to install set top boxes
> at each TV. yuk.

Brad:  Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention, I am going from RCA out the
back of the U-Verse STB into the line-in port on the PVR-150 card.

The set top boxes have quite the array of outputs on them...  Component,
S-Video, Composite, HDMI... optical audio, RCA audio.

As far as recording HD...  When the Hauppauge HD-PVR comes out, you
should be able to use that and pull component video from the STB into
Myth.  (See the other thread going on right now about the HD-PVR).

A set top box is required at each television.  I was told you could have
one DVR + up to 3 additional set top boxes.

HTH,
--Eric