[mythtv-users] Mythtv recording filesystem (sata) goes read only

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Fri Apr 4 19:31:10 UTC 2008

John Drescher wrote:
>>  > -Rich
>>  Whoops.. included the wrong motherboard link.  The right one is:
>>  http://biz.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=M452-2848
>>

> A word of warning to others. NEVER buy a VIA based motherboard. With
> VIA you will experience things like this and also problems with
> interrupts specifically with ivtv cards.

Ya know, I knew that was going to come up. :)

Although I don't necessarily disagree, I've had a fair number of VIA
based motherboards (they are rather popular) and have (until now) no
major issues.

My only experience with IVTV issues (and this particular motherboard is
full) was resolved by updating to the latest ivtv drivers (as it was a
driver related issue).

-Rich