[mythtv-users] (OT) ATT U-verse

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 20:04:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Eric Holt (MythTV)
<eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com> wrote:

>  Brad:  Actually we do have HD, in the living room, but back here in my
>  bedroom slash office I just have an SD set, and this is where my Myth
>  setup is.  I dont share it with the roommate, he isnt interested in it.
>
>  HD quality out there on the Plasma is, in my opinion, perfectly fine.
>  The roommate says some HD channels arnt as good as what they were on
>  Comcast, but I honestly cant tell a difference.  Infact, the Food
>  Network HD station is absolutely gorgeous.
>
>  We have the 6mbit internet package, and unlike Comcast, I *always* get
>  6mbit.  When we had Comcast, in the evenings, we were lucky to get 2mbit
>  down, even tho we had the 8mbit package.  It doesnt matter what time I
>  run a speedtest, or download a large file, I am always getting full
>  speed.  I certainly have NO complaints about the internet service.
>
>  The TV package we have is the U-200 package, and it includes everything
>  that mattered to us on Comcast.  Plus quite a few things we didnt get.
>
>  Overall, I definitely give the service high marks.  We havnt had any
>  outages with the TV or the internet which is definitely more than I
>  could say about any given 2 month period with Comcast.  :)
>
>  If I could do it all over again, would I still switch?  Absolutely.
>

>  --Eric

Thanks for the mini-review, Eric.  Given the impending launch of the
HD-PVR device, and that I'm a very unhappy Comcast customer, Uverse is
sounding more tempting.  This is the first actually really good
comments I've read about them.  Most others I have talked to, as
early-adopters, were having all kinds of outage issues.

You probably won't run into this since it sounds like you only have
one HD set, but does anyone else know if they've improved on the
number of simultaneous HD streams that can be played?  If I'm not
mistaken, it's still only one.  Which still rules it out for me, as I
would like to be able to watch HD in the livingroom and (hopefully,
Hauppauge willing...) record component on the backend.

- Willy