[mythtv-users] Mac mini, ubuntu, IR remotes

Shaun Lowry shaun at lowry.me.uk
Sat Apr 5 12:59:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a mac mini running Ubuntu & MythTV.  I've read several rumours
that the built-in IR receiver can handle alternate remote controls but
no actual confirmation.  I have the dev/input driver for the ir
receiver in the kernel and that seems to be working OK.  It appears
that the input-utils can't reconfigure the keymap for this device but
I've managed  to sort of get it going with xmodmap.  Problem is, 6
keys aren't really enough to drive MythTV comfortably, I figure I need
at least up, down, left, right, Esc, P and M (7 keys) and would prefer
Enter and a numberpad too.

Has anyone actually got the built in receiver working with an
alternate remote control, and if so, which one and how?

	Shaun.