[mythtv-users] Myth recording duplicates when subtitle is null

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 5 21:04:21 UTC 2008

On 04/05/2008 03:37 PM, Al B. wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 12:36 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> My assumption is that you used MythWeb to delete the
>> previously-recorded episodes of BSG and you either need to upgrade
>> to a more current 0.21-fixes (
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5048 ), or you need to go to the
>> Previously Recorded screen in mythfrontend and change the episodes
>> that were deleted from MythWeb--or just let your system record them
>> and delete them, again. Actually I haven't deleted any of them -
>> either through mythweb or the
>
> Actually I haven't deleted any of them - either through mythweb or
> thefrontend.  I'm guessing the last time I deleted a BG episode was
> roughly last season - and I have no idea if I did that through
> mythweb or not.  I just took a closer look at the recordings in
> question through phpmyadmin, and I'm actually seeing 16 episodes in
> the recorded table all recorded on the same day (pretty much back to
> back) with a null subtitle and the same programid.  The
> "previouslyshown" column is set to "1" for all 16 episodes. The
> oldrecorded table shows these 16 episodes having a "1" in the
> duplicate column, and a "-3" in the recstatus column. Reading through
> that bug you linked to, I can't tell if this is related or not.  My
> impression from reading the comments is that the duplicate column
> should be set to zero, not 1?  So maybe this is the same bug??

In that case, the programid for the ones that keep recording is a
generic ID (so the generic column has a value 1).  Therefore, the only
time the programid matches one of the previously recorded episodes is
when the old was a generic programid, too (i.e. the one with the
subtitle and the one without don't have matching programid's).

In the event a generic episode airs, Myth always records unless you
explicitly tell it to exclude generic episodes.  You need to change your
recording rule if you don't want them recorded.

Mike